How to Brighten Up Your Beauty Routine!
The future is bright with outdoor autumn fun and the Holidays right around the corner. Who are you to be lackluster?
Whether it’s dull hair, yellow nails or a less-than-pearly smile, it’s time brighten up your beauty. We have a treasure chest of tips for you to recapture your glow.
If beauty tips are what you are looking for, see our most popular posts below:
- 7 Tips to find the right lipstick for a brighter smile and your skin tone
- At home beauty fixes that won't break the bank
- 13 Tips: The lazy girls guide to beauty
Dull Hair? Open your kitchen cabinets to lighten your locks
Try these hair tips for a sun-kissed look without expensive trips to the salon.
Brighten your already blonde locks:
- Add a handful of dried chamomile flowers (or a few bags of tea) to two cups of boiling water and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain, cool and apply to clean hair.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
For extra brightening power, do this up to three times before rinsing.
Gradual hair lightening (is also a fantastic clarifying treatment):
- Combine one part apple cider vinegar to six parts water.
- Rinse clean hair with blend.
- Let blend soak in hair for 15 minutes.
Brighten your locks using a simple solution and the sun:
- Mix a cup of water with two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply blend to your hair.
- Hang out in the sun as it dries.
The results are subtle yet enviable. You may also be interested in this article on lightening your hair with lemon juice and tips for normal and dry hair.
You love OPI’s trendy shades, but wear them too long and your nails can turn yellow. The best way to prevent this is with a clear coat before slicking on color polish. If it’s too late for this handy tip and you already have a yellow tint, there several household items you can dip your tips in to brighten them.
- Twice daily try a 10- to 15-minute soak in a bowl of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the nails afterwards, then rinse in warm water.
- Include visuals
- Hydrogen peroxide also works wonders for whitening nails:
- Mix four tablespoons of 3 percent solution into a ½ cup of water
- Soak your nails for no longer than two minutes.
Hydrogen peroxide can dehydrate your nails, so only do this weekly and follow up with hydrating hand cream.
For heavy duty stains, make a DIY nail “mask”
- Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda with 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your nails with cotton swabs
- Leave blend on for four minutes
- Rinse nails with lukewarm water.
Repeat this process every six to eight weeks.
More on nails and your health on WebMD: What your nails say about your health
Yearning for Youthful eyes? Makeup magic tips that work!
Whether allergies made them red or age made them yellow (yes, this can happen), brightening the whites of your eyes can give you a more youthful look. With a little makeup magic, this can happen in the blink of an eye.
- Reach for blue shades for brighter eyes.
- Using navy mascara as well as lining your bottom lash line with navy eyeliner whitens your eyes instantly.
- You could also try an ivory eyeliner on your waterline to make your peepers pop.
- Finish off with a shimmering white shadow in the inner corners of your lid.
With all these quick beauty tips, the sun won’t be the only thing shining brightly.
Pearly whites less than pearly? Power up your smile with Luster's Pro Light Dental Whitening System.Luster Premium White can help you start showing off brighter teeth. They forgo the sloppy trays and harsh abrasives of most at-home teeth whitening systems for safer ingredients and less mess.
The Pro Light Dental Whitening System includes a pretreat mouthrinse that penetrates the hard-to-whiten nooks, a whitening serum and the same light-activated whitening technology as an in-office treatment, minus pesky tooth sensitivity, and it only takes 30 minutes!
Luster Pro Light Dental Whitening System:
List Price: $43.99
Price: $38.99 & FREE SHIPPING
Bonus tip: Luster’s toothpaste whitens nails too!
- Leave a thin coat of the paste on your nails for 10 minutes
- Gently scrub off
- Repeat two to three times a week for a month
With all these quick beauty tips, the sun won’t be the only thing shining brightly